Friday, June 12, 2015

QM

It's been a long time since my last post. Likewise, I didn't trade much, maybe one trade here and one trade there. A small down last year and a small up this year.

Trader's lifecycle:

When I first started trading, I wasn't afraid of anything. I thought I was a risk taker and I had no problem pulling the trigger. Big wins and of course big losses.

After a series of big losses, I realized I needed help, so I took courses and went to seminars. Using signal services and making new friends, I gained my confidence back. More importantly, I thought 'These gurus should know what they are doing.', so all I needed to do was to follow their signals only to realize some gurus got in before I got in and out before me. I tried to change the signals, not taking some trades for some odd reasons etc. You know the result. Fail.

I, then, started looking for a new mentor and a signal service. A few supposedly good salesmen traders seemed promising, so I spent my fortune only to find another blowup in my account. The cycle continues until I lost my confidence. Completely.

At the same time, I found myself in favor of certain trading styles. I started seeing something happen over and over and over again, but the biggest problem was I simply couldn't pull the trigger. Sure, some worked right off the bat, but mostly it went to drawdowns and even though it worked out, the stress was so big that I was mentally worn out regardless the amount of the risk on the table. To recover from mental exhaustion, I decided to take a break. When I lost, of course, even if it's the part of trading, I had to take a break. In other words, I wasn't really going anywhere while I kept seeing patterns in the markets.

Fast forward to today. I suddenly realized I've been living too safely. Considering my age, sure it feeds me and my family, but my life will not be going anywhere. I'm know I am not as creative as others. I don't have any special skills. I'm ok at my job, but not the best as some of my colleagues are. I feel as if I might have a shot in trading from all the time I spent over the years. I have a few good setups. I know my stops and targets.

Long 2 QM: 60.075
Stops: 58.075
Target 1: 62.075
Target 2: Open

Rule: I get to open my trading platform only once a day.



No comments: