Monday, June 15, 2015

dunning-kruger effect / QM trading psychology

Today I came across an interesting article and thought that's exactly what I wrote about the last Friday.

In short, my trading confidence was as high as I could be when I first started trading with no fear whatsoever (A in the graph). Still pretty high when I was following trading signals taking webinars (the downhill from A to B). But then I couldn't pull the triggers with no confidence and stopped trading (definitely at B).

Where am I now? I can't say I'm at C, but I, at least was able to pull the trigger and I'd like to believe I'm heading to C.

As for QM, it's going against me by -$1000. With $2 stop, I'm looking at -$2000. Normally, I'd stare at my chart all day, but this time I'm not. Instead, I'm just watching my thought process closely.

-Will I be exiting if it comes break-even?
-The pain is so great that I'll not be trading for a while?

The above two is what I've done and I want to change. No need to stare at the monitor. OCO stops and targets are set, so really nothing I need to do, which suits my trading style over the years.

Another thing I'm watching is the fact that the other contract I was looking at was going in my favor, but I didn't take the trade. The trade I took (QM) is going against me. In order to be a better trader, I know what needs to be done.


No comments: