Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Markets I trade

Here are the markets I trade:

Indicies:
YM (Mini-sized Dow)
ES (E-Mini S&P)

Grains:
C (Corn)
S (Soybeans)
W (Wheat)

Energies:
CL (Crude Oil) or QM (Mini-sized)
NG (Natural Gas)

Metals:
ZG (Gold) or YG (Mini-sized)
ZI (Silver) or YI (Mini-sized)

Softs:
CT (Cotton)
CC (Cocoa)

Forex

For day-trading, I trade YM, grains and metals.
For swing-trading meaning buy/sell outright, I trade YM, C, S, W, QM, YG, YI and Forex.
For options, I trade all above plus some more softs (e.g., Lumber).

I used to believe that one has to pick one market and has to master, but it really depends on who you are. My friend, JP, only trade ES for 6 years and he is really good at day-trading it. I started the same way as JP did, but was not making money. Now I'm more into swings looking at different markets and I love it. Above all, I'm profitable doing so.

Those who just started trading or have been struggling may want to different markets or different time frames. Every market has different personality. You might better suit yourself in grain markets or even metals. It's a misconception that you have to trade stocks because futures are risky, or you must trade indicies etc.

No comments: